Strong expertise in virtualization
Velox utilizes the power of virtualization by deployment and support of virtualization technologies provided by, but not limited to Microsoft, VMWare and Proxmox.
Without question, IT virtualization – the abstraction of physical network, server, and storage resources – has greatly increased the ability to utilize and scale compute power. Indeed, virtualization has become the very technology engine behind cloud computing itself.
There are many benefits from consolidating the number of Windows and/or Linux servers in your environment by taking advantage of the many different server virtualization products (e.g. VMWare, MS Hyper-V, Proxmox) on the market.
- Lower number of physical servers – you can reduce hardware maintenance costs because of a lower number of physical servers.
- By implementing a server consolidation strategy, you can increase the space utilization efficiency in your data center.
- By having each application within its own “virtual server” you can prevent one application from impacting another application when upgrades or changes are made.
- You can develop a standard virtual server build that can be easily duplicated which will speed up server deployment.
- You can deploy multiple operating system technologies on a single hardware platform (e.g. Windows Server, Linux).
By taking advantage of server virtualization you can easily improve the efficiency of your server room or data center, as well as lower your cost of ownership.